Thursday 3 October 2013

The Sounds of Silence - Cantos Gregorianos Modernos/Here's an updated interpretation of this famous song. "The Sounds of Silence" launched the 1960s folk music duo Simon and Garfunkel to popularity. Written by Paul Simon on February 15, 1964 in the aftermath of President John F. Kennedy's assassination (November 22, 1963). Simon believed the song helped express the trauma that impacted most Americans. This version is performed by Cantos Gregorianos Modernos with art,visuals, and photos created and/or formatted by Spadecaller. Lyrics: Hello darkness, my old friend I've come to talk with you again Because a vision softly creeping Left its seeds while I was sleeping And the vision that was planted in my brain Still remains Within the sound of silence In restless dreams I walked alone Narrow streets of cobblestone 'Neath the halo of a street lamp I turned my collar to the cold and damp When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light That split the night And touched the sound of silence And in the naked light I saw Ten thousand people, maybe more People talking without speaking People hearing without listening People writing songs that voices never share And no one dared Disturb the sound of silence "Foolist

No comments: